In harsh environment industries, it is necessary to have a high security that means, the security of people, tools and equipement to prevent any risks of incidents and loss of productivity and quality. Indeed, sometimes tools needed for production or maintenance operations are not available, broken or poorly calibrated, etc. More than one construction site on four is delayed due to problems of FME and tracking that can cause a decrease in productivity by 15% to 30 %.
FME : the pet hate of the Energy industry
The FME or “Foreign Material Exclusion” is the risk of the presence of migrants or foreign bodies in facilities that can cause problems into the structures.
To avoid any problems, good prevention and solution can be implemented. It is very important in hazardous sectors such as the energy sector, to know where the equipments are at any time. However, the daily inventory management is done manually. This manual update is usually source of errors and time consuming, do not guarantee the reliability and the accuracy of information.
That is why RFID technology is the solution to fight effectively against the risk of FME and to allow industries to connect their physical facilities and equipment in order to have full visibility in real-time, location and state.
To fight effectively against FME risks, Nexess has developed a series of solutions for the management and the traçability of material.
- NexCap Smart RFID Counter: allows the storekeeper to manage and record tools borrowings and returns from the warehouse with RFID technology. It has the capacity to do an accurate and automatic inventory of the contents of the warehouse, an automatic follow up of calibration and maintenance dates, an intelligent user identification and a remote monitoring.
NEXESS announces the delivery of the first units of its new Smart RFID Cabinet NexCap® XL.
A new generation of RFID smart cabinet for tool management
Announced on the RFID Congress 2013 show in Marseille, the RFID cabinet NexCap ® XL is the second generation of RFID cabinet designed and developed by NEXESS to meet the needs of its customers from Energy and Aerospace Industries. This cabinet, with a 2 times bigger volume than the RFID cabinet NexCap ® XS, brings new features:
- windows for quick viewing of the contents of the cabinet
- LED interior lighting
- 4 220V plugs
- front USB port
- hanging tool system, the entire height of the cabinet
- Visual and audible alerts (green and red LEDs on the front + buzzer)
Driven by NexCap® software platform, these new cabinets also feature a new ergonomic HMI (Human Machine Interface) with dedicated features to users and their work:
- Real-time inventory of the contents of the cabinet
- Automatic management of Calibration and Maintenance dates
- List of currentborrowings
- Tool search
- Management and Administration of users and tools
Watch the video of our product
Nexess participates to the RFID thematic day for Energy Industries, organized by the CNRFID.
CNRFID thematic days are entirely coordinated by the CNRFID and brought together all actors of a sector, a market or a technology. Overall, the CNRFID organize thematic day each two month in purpose to identify potential applications, reference the existing solutions, promote meetings and exchanges, identify potential collaborative projects or support individual projects
- 1:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. : Welcome of participants
- 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. : Roundtable – Presentation of participants and CNRFID
- 2:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. : State of the art of RFID technologies
- 3:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. : Focus on NFC technology
- 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. : Examples of general applications
- 3:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. : Possible applications for energy industries: Monitoring and traceability of tools, traceability metal objects in general, traceability of equipment regulated monitoring (PPE slings …), personnel security, environmental and safety constraints
- 4:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. : The possible consequences after this thematic ½ thematic days
- Support Project (individual or collaborative), establishment of the Working Group, organization of Club Users, Support to the development of solutions …
- 5:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. : Possible types of funding for your projects (Captronic, FUI, H2020 …)
Date and place :
24th June 2014 : ½ Thematic Day related to the production of energy : 1:30p.m. to 5:30p.m.
DGCIS – Bercy – 139 rue de Bercy – 75572 PARIS Cedex 12